Video: Anderson Silva training the house down ahead of Weidman rematch
Former UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva will attempt to regain his belt against Chris Weidman on December 29 and if this video of "The Spider" in training is anything to go by, he looks pretty damn determined to prove once again that he is the king at 185 pounds (84kg).
Silva lost his belt in dramatic fashion at UFC 162 (watch video highlights) and will now get his chance at redemption against Weidman at UFC 168.
Much was made of Silva's KO loss, with many suggesting that the Brazilian's in-fight antics led to his demise. Silva has since promised that 'The new Anderson is coming' at a recent press conference (watch video) and by the looks of it, the former middleweight champion meant every word.
Will Silva win the rematch? Comment on Facebook.
MORE ARTICLES YOU'LL LIKE
From one battle to another, why UFC's Noad Lahat may be rushed into active military duty
Aldo vs. Mendes II rescheduled for UFC 179 in Brazil
Best pics from UFC: Lawler vs. Brown
"Ruthless" Lawler books another title fight after Brown battle
Lights go out at UFC in San Jose with a "Rumble"
Bermudez menaces "The Carpenter" in San Jose
- Robbie Lawler def Matt Brown by DEC
- Anthony Johnson def Antonio Rogerio Nogeuira by TKO @0.44 rnd1
- Dennis Bermudez def Clay Guida by SUB @2.57 rnd2
- Bobby Green def Josh Thomson by DEC
- Jorge Masvidal def Daron Cruickshank by DEC
- Patrick Cummins def Kyle Kingsbury by DEC
- Tim Means def Hernani Perpetuo by DEC
- Brian Ortega def Mike De La Torre by SUB @1.39 rnd1
- Gilbert Burns def Andreas Stahl by DEC
- Joanna Jedrzejczyk def Juliana Lima by DEC
- Noad Lahat def Steven Siler by DEC
1Recovering heroin addict Matt Brown hits the scales ahead of his quest for UFC gold
2Overeem talks ego's, training with Jon Jones and why being 'big and strong' matters
3Breaking news: Gustafsson out, Jones meets Cormier for title
4LIVE UFC Robbie Lawler vs. Matt Brown results and blog
5Grudge match: McGregor vs. Poirier booked for UFC 178